Thursday, December 26, 2013

Preparing to launch my YA novel: DON'T TELL

Spring, 1979: scandalous stories sensationalize small town Maine's, Pine High School, as Lili, Mary, Berrie and Zana strive to keep their secrets sacred. This is the spring when secrets spill, passions rise, shame faces itself in the mirror and strength prevails, but not without our four girls first walking through the fire of transformation.

It's the day after Christmas and I'm alone (heaven!), drinking tea in the 3 Bean Cafe' in my sweet  Vermont small town.  I just completed an intense semester at Community College of Vermont (CCV) teaching two creative writing classes, including Autobiography & Memoir where the students wrote their hearts out and did an incredibly fantastic job.   During the break between semesters I will be launching my YA novel, DON'T TELL. The cover/back photo is done, the graphics are almost done.  The little blurb at the top of this page is the beginning of a rough draft for the blurb on the back of the book.  Getting the blurb right feels super important, so I'll keep working on it.  (Blurb is a fun word to say.)  (Blurb, blurb, blurb - try it! Say it a few times!)

More awesome news:

My play: MOMMYTALK, co written with Adriana Elliot, won a playwriting contest!  There will be a staged reading March 9th at the Chandler Music Hall (upstairs) in Randolph, VT.  More about this in a future post.

Also, I have stories in two new Chicken Soup for the Soul books: Just Us Girls, and Think Positive For Kids.  This makes ten Chicken Soup books for me!   Personal essays are fun; novel writing is torture.  Fun, but torture (in a non-creepy kind of way).

More later.  Write a note.  Love you!


1 comment:

  1. Aw, love you, too. That's a lot of great news for you! That's awesome. I was just reading in Anne Lamott's "Bird by Bird" that jealousy is really tough amongst writers, but since I haven't even tried to be published, I can honestly be happy for you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete