Saturday, May 31, 2014

Good Fortune!

SO many amazing blessings in my life!  The book launch for Don't Tell at the Three Bean Cafe' in Randolph was fantastic!  The reading was so fun, and I sold out all of my books.  Good thing it's easy to order on Amazon! 

I'm surprised, delighted, a bit freaked out, a lot overwhelmed, a ton grateful, and extremely relieved that the book is doing SO WELL!!!  The 5 star reviews are pouring in.  Below are my two favorites.  The first is by my buddy Roger, who plays Mandolin in my band, The After Super String Band (I play bass).  Roger is one of the most decent men I've ever met.  He's deeply Christian too, AND he's in his 70's.  So for him to  READ this book (a Young Adult girl book with a GOOD amount of sex), and for him to LOVE this book (!!!) was surprising and fantastic.  I love you, Roger!

My second most favorite review (below Roger's) is by my amazing editor  Suzanne Kingsbury.  Suzanne has a way with words (to say the least!).  She is a huge reason why the book is selling so well.  I love you, Suzanne!

Other blessings?  I got accepted into the CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) program at Fletcher Allen hospital in Burlington, VT - a four year adventure which will change my life as it polishes me up to become a hospital chaplain.  What?  A chaplain writes about teen girls having awesome sex???

Yup.

xoxo



This Is A Must Read Book!May 30, 2014
By 
Roger Ennis (RANDOLPH, VT, US) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dont Tell (Kindle Edition)
Don't Tell is the story of 4 teenage girls, each with secrets, as they approach the end of their high school years. The story is told through their voices, their experiences and perceptions, and it is gripping, in much the same as Jodi Piccault's tales make you want to keep turning pages until the book is done. At least this was so for me; I couldn't put the book down until I finished it and learned the outcome of the secrets that were so artfully woven into the story. The author, Lava Mueller, is extremely gifted at removing herself as author and letting the characters tell their own story in their own unique voices, and with incredible fine detail. This book was probably written for young adults, but most of the people I know who have read and loved it are full-time grown-ups who have found it as compelling as I have. It will appeal to anyone with a sense of adventure and curiosity.

One of the best YA books I've ever read...May 18, 2014
By 
Suzanne D. Kingsbury (Brattleboro, Vermont) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Don't Tell (Paperback)
This book is a stay-up-all-night, can't-wait-to-turn-the-next-page read. You will not be able to put it down. I totally fell in love with these characters. Senior year, during a blooming New England spring, four friends explore first love, salacious moments (finally a book that doesn't shy away from sweet, teenage sex!!) and the depth of their friendship. Running beneath it all are the dangerous secrets each girl has to face. By the end we find out how far they will really go to save each other. This is a MUST READ. I couldn't put it down. Thank you Lava Mueller. Hurry up and write another one!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am proud to say that I have downloaded my Kindle Edition of your book :-) I feel honored that I am being taught by a published writer. I look forward to both your book and the remainder of your class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lava,

    I can feel your energy coming through this blog! "Lava on Fire" is an amazing name...and fits you so well.

    I just read your most recent post about the success of your book, and I'm so happy for you. I clicked on the Amazon link right away so that I can order it as soon as I can. The reviews you shared...they're so positive...it must feel so great to know that people are really compelled by your story.

    Where did you find inspiration for your story, and the characters? Did you get to choose the cover image? How long was the process of writing and finishing this book? I think it would be so cool to write a book one day! I have a children's book manuscript that I wrote last semester in Writing Children's and Young Adult Literature, a college course that I took with an also wonderful teacher. (Throughout my school experience so far, all of my writing teachers have been so amazing...I see a pattern here...Mrs. Smith, Rebecca, Lava...) =)

    Thank you for sharing your book with the world, and with us. The topics of secrets and sex and friendship all bring shivers to my spine because they are things I would like to read about. When Roger compared your story to Jodi Picoult's I was reminded of how much I've loved reading her books throughout my life. (I've read almost all of them except I think two of the newest ones...and the Wonder Woman one). Not being able to put a book down...it's a magical and heart-pounding feeling and it seems like both Roger and Suzanne really felt this way about your book.

    Congratulations Lava!

    Take care,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you, although my laptop doesn't currently do punctuation so it may not look like it. So glad your evening was brilliant ... I was sad to miss it, but maybe for your next book ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad for you and hope you continue to reap joy and satisfaction from the work of your hands, the product of your mind.

    You have the spirit in care to be a chaplain, I believe, and the sensitivity you have as a person I know is the source of your compassion, and with that able to minister with spirit, not just mere words. And with time will surely know. I am very thankful for you are a part of my life as teacher, encourager and guide through the process of self-discovery which for you know has been a long time comin. I felt within my core being accepted by you, and that's what drove me that first day talking to you at the learning center to sign up with your class. I knew it was of the right place, and it is within perfect timing of my own life, to be taking this class.With this being said I give you all the honest cheer honor respect I can because it is owed to you for what you do for us as a class... in setting us free to be, to know, to grow, as what marvelous individuals we really are. I will never forget you. I hope these words have their meaning to you.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a chance to read this book, but i know the author and have had some experience if her writing, so I know this book is awesome. Well done Lava.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was there. I've read it. The book is that worthwhile; just as knowing and learning from Lava is infinitely worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete